I'm human

Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's weird that as a teacher I'm not supposed to have feelings. I feel as if I'm not supposed to let my students know that I have a heart, that I'm supposed to keep them thinking that I'm just a robotic teaching machine. I can't help it. Today they saw me for me. A human being who not only thinks, but feels as well. It's an odd feeling when you have a classroom filled with 20 some odd students and they see a part of you like that. It's as if you suddenly are so vulnerable. It's very odd.

I didn't have a full mental breakdown. I managed to control most of it. But I did start tearing up a little as I told them how frustrated I get with them. I think they all learned something from that experience. It kinda shocked me.

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web