Tattoo

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've been mulling the idea over in my head. I know, I'm not one to really get a tattoo...but I don't know. Lately, it's been an idea that's been sitting with me, and I can't shake it. Maybe that's because My Dear Fiancee (DF from now on) would think it would be hot. :)
If I were going to get one though, I'm almost positive that it would have to be words. I guess it's just the English teacher in me. So I was scouring the internet for a little bit, looking for great quotes to maybe wear on my body for the rest of time. Here are some quotes that I really liked...

"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain"-Shakespeare

"Love as thou wilt"- Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel books)

"That which yields is not always weak"- Carey

"All Knowledge Is Worth Knowing"-Carey (again)

"'Tis the mind that makes the body rich"-Shakespeare

I dunno. I'm still looking around. But I think that something about love or knowledge or both would be something I would be proud to wear. Maybe accompany it with a cute flower or something. I don't know. Just a musing. *shrug*

3 comments:

litríocht múinteoirí said...

I wouldn't get something with that many words. It would take up too much of an area since it's difficult for the tattoo artists around here to write small. I also wouldn't recommend putting it on the small of the back if you intend to EVER have children since it will get stretched to the point of no recognition. I've seen M's (redhair) and I had no clue what it used to be until she told me. It's now a stretched out blob of ink.

AlySedai said...

Well, you know, I probably wouldn't get it on the small of my back anyway. Cass said that it's one of the worst places to get one because it's right on your spine. Hurts like a mother, apparently. Anywho. Like I said, I was just musing. Who knows.

litríocht múinteoirí said...

They told A the same thing when he got the one on his neck, but he said it didn't hurt at all and that it was the one on the arm that hurt.
I guess everyone's different when it comes to that sort of thing.

At the moment I have line in my head "We belong to the night we belong together...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee belong."

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web